Ragi, finger millets in English, is the most nutritious grain amongst all. One of the best and tastiest ways to consume ragi is to prepare it as a laddu. It is a win-win with both consuming healthy and delicious food at the same time.
- To a pan, add 2 tbsp ghee, chopped cashews and fry until they turn golden. Remove the cashews and set aside.
- Add the ragi mix to the ghee in the pan and sauté it for at about 8 – 10 minutes in a medium flame until you get the distinct aroma of ragi.
Add ghee to the mixture and keep cooking on low flame. Allow Jaggery to melt.
- Add another tbsp of ghee and mix well until you notice the mixture becomes a little wet and sufficient to hold into laddu shape.
- Add cardamom powder and the roasted cashews. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool down.
- Make into tight ladoos of the size you prefer. Store the laddu in air-tight container to last for a week.