It’s almost impossible to keep kids away from the appetizing fast food and fast food joints. The study shows that about one-third of kids between age groups 9 to 14 apparently consume fast food every day. In India too, the fever of fast food is fast ruling over young minds and eating habits. It is important to know – Is it good to consume fast food so often?
The answer to this question is a strict “NO”. Consuming fast food occasionally may not be harmful. However, regular consumption of fast food leads to various health issues like obesity, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. There is a steady rise in childhood obesity and health issue cases pan world. With increasing childhood obesity crisis gripping the country, it is absolutely essential to choose the healthier options for kids.
Ensure good health of your Kids
Sometimes it is difficult to do away completely with fast food options. They become important when you have less time or a hectic schedule to prepare food for the kids. In such cases, it is important to take a few steps so that you can ensure better and healthy choices for your kids.
- Choose healthy options in fast food restaurant: All restaurants offer some healthy choices along with the unhealthy fast food options on the menu. Try and opt for healthy fast food options from the variously available menu.
- Choice of healthy options at home: Prefer to give your kids a protein diet instead of unhealthy fast food options. You could prepare healthy protein diet recipes and healthy smoothies’ recipes for your kids.
- Prepare a healthy eating plan: It is challenging to decide what to serve your kid for breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner. It is a task that you will have to plan daily and would be definitely very cumbersome for you. Instead, make a healthy eating plan or a timetable ready for your kids. This will save your decision – making time every day.
- A diet containing whole grain corn and wheat flakes: One could make various delectable and nutritious diet recipes from Flakes.
- Making kids aware of health issues: It’s important to make the kids aware of the advantages, moreover the disadvantages of eating fast food regularly. Once they are aware of the problems, they will themselves, wholeheartedly, overcome the temptation of eating fast food and would switch to consumption of more healthy foodstuffs.
Importance of whole grains in Kids diet
Whole grains are highly nutritious and packed with proteins, rich in fibre, Vitamins, anti-oxidants, and minerals such as iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium. The whole grains are highly essential for providing nutrients and energy for child’s normal growth and development. Whole grains should be essentially a part of your healthy diet for kids as it helps in the prevention of diabetes and obesity and the reduction of high cholesterol as well. Whole grains which are Gluten free could be a healthier option for the kids, since Gluten containing products may cause various health problems and nutritional deficiencies in the children.
Healthy and delectable roasted options for kids
Kids will love the healthy and sumptuous Gluten-Free Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes and Bajra (Pearl Millet) Flakes. Various healthy recipes could be made quickly from these products. The advantage of consuming Gluten-Free Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes and Bajra (Pearl Millet) Flakes to the other diet foodstuffs are:
- Made from traditional and natural farming techniques
- Slow releasing cholesterol
- Contains high levels of fber
- Helps in digestion
- Very healthy and very tasty
- Various recipes could be made very quickly
- Gluten-free flakes avoid complications like inflammation of the small intestine, absorption problems, bloating, dizziness to name a few.
Healthy Flakes help you bring back healthy life
Ancient grains are always a rich source of fibre. Intake of fibre from whole grains is highly recommended as an important part of a healthy diet for people suffering from high cholesterol. High fibre food helps prevent the digestive tract from absorbing cholesterol. Consumption of Gluten-free products should be an integral part of a high cholesterol diet menu. Gluten Free products like Gluten Free Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes and Bajra (Pearl Millet) Flakes contain low levels of saturated fats and no cholesterol and are also rich in fibre. Including these whole grains, which are grown by traditional methods help in reducing bad cholesterol levels and bringing back a healthy life.
Various low cholesterol, healthy recipes could be made very easily by these Gluten Free products like Gluten Free Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes and Bajra (Pearl Millet) Flakes. Such Gluten-free products have other benefits like they reduce acidity, post-meal feeling of dizziness and bloating. The Gluten-free products will not only add on to your nutritious diet but also are very sumptuous to consume.