Easy and nutritious delicacy for early morning breakfast or along with high tea. Poha is indeed a healthy breakfast snack preferred in India and if it is prepared with healthy flakes of Jowar, it becomes just another healthiest recipe ever.
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: Just gets ready in 10 minutes
Serving: Per Person
- 1 cup Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 table spoon Groundnuts
- Finely chopped coriander leaves, curry leaves and green chillies
- Pinch of Mustard seeds
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 table spoon fresh grated coconut
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil, as required
- Take one cup of Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes in a colander. Pour 1 cup of water over the flakes. Allow it to soak for 5 minutes. Since Jowar (Sorghum) Fakes is Gluten Free, soaking them for long would make them soggy. We just have to make the Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes moist.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add groundnuts and sauté them till they turn little brown. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
- Add finely chopped curry leaves, turmeric powder, finely chopped onions and chilies. Sauté till the onions turn brownish.
- Add the moist Jowar (Sorghum) Flakes. Sprinkle salt as per taste. Mix it gently and thoroughly.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and fresh grated coconut. Serve hot.
Enjoy your Gluten free breakfast